Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christmas in July 31 COMPLETE!



 This is it!  This is the last card in my celebration of Christmas in July!  I wasn't quite sure if I could do it.... 31 separate card designs?  31 consecutive days?  The idea came to me in mid-June while we were traveling and I saw a shop in Door County, Wisconsin called the Tannenbaum.  It's an old converted Lutheran Church - filled with Christmas Trees - all decorated on different themes!

I was in LOVE!!!! and all my husband could do was groan!  Yes, I bought some really beautiful ornaments for our tree this coming Christmas!

The most awesome thing was that each tree display was on a different theme!
Santa Tree                                Turquoise/Pink Tree
Fruit Tree                                 Musical Instruments Tree
Shamrock Tree                         Butterfly Tree
Owl Tree                                  Mardi Gras Tree
Candy Tree                               Halloween Tree
4th of July Tree                       World Traveler Tree
Snowman Tree                         Wine Tree

Oh!  I could go on ALL DAY!  The upside-down trees were so cool too.  I've seen that before and they had 3 or 4 of the trees displayed that way.

SO, after leaving this awesome place, I was re-energized for my monthly Christmas Card Challenges.  Not only that, I started to hatch the idea of this 31 cards for 31 days of Christmas in July.
I wasn't sure I could do it, but here it is!  July 31st, and the 31st card!!!!!

Some of the card designs you've seen are my own creations, others are from the stamp club I belong to, and some came from cards I saw online as inspiration.  

THANKS so much for your kind comments!

Here goes!  Last one.................

This card I saved for today since it's one of my very favorite images.  This stamp comes from 2 years ago and the moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it.  It's large!!  I had to cut it down quite a bit to fit the standard card size.

I then used some previously stamped pieces to add some dimension to the card.  

Truth is, I can't find one of my (other) very favorite stamp sets!  It's called Bells and Boughs, and contains about 4 stamps - a larger version of the bells you see on this card, and the holly piece and poinsettia piece you see added to this card as well as a sentiment stamp.  Sounds like a Cricut room cleaning is in order!  :)

Yesterday's card used wide ribbon, and today I'm using the narrowest ribbon I have.  What a contrast!
The image was stamped in Old Olive, and I used the Stampin' Up markers to add color to the other pieces.

Again,  Thanks so much for indulging me in my mid-year Christmas celebration!


No comments: