Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sunburst! **New Technique

I'll say it right now.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card technique!  I can already think up a bunch of ideas with my patterned papers!
1.  It's so stunning!
2.  It's so easy!!!



You'll see a version of this card in the new Stampin' Up catalog for 2013 - 2014... page 110.  I sent an email to my upline, she did some investigating, and found this video.  Click HERE for the link.
*Thanks, Kathy!!*

Basically,  use 5 (or more) strips of cardstock @ 1 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch.  Cut them diagonally from corner to corner the long way.  Start in the center with one strip and use adhesive to glue it down.  Butt the next pieces of cardstock right up to the first one, making your design follow the point.  Don't worry about getting them exactly even, you will cover the ends with a medallion or 'something'.

Trim the ends that hang over the outside edge of the card, and complete with medallion or other embellishment.

The video tutorial says that from these 5 strips you can make two cards.  I have not found this to be so. 

The cardstock I used is from CTMH (Close to My Heart) in a pack I got free from a stamp order.  The solid cardstock had patterned accents, so I didn't need to do any embossing. :)

I used a Stampin' Up Butterfly on vellum, and  colored the back of it with my Stampin' Up markers:  Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Lovely Lilac (ret.) Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, and Pear Pizzazz.  The butterfly is held to the card with a rolled glue dot.

SO SO easy, and so so pretty!
Please enjoy!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Sue. I love the colors. Sandra