Sunday, July 14, 2013

Christmas in July 14 Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle!






How many, you ask?  85 rhinestones!  Yes, 85.  Before I placed the ornament, I turned it upside down, and made a pen mark on the back of each stone as I counted.  85 rhinestones, in 4 different sizes.

I saw a version of this card, and all I could say was, "Wow!!"


I made many changes from the original...  I used the Hello, Doily stamp and embossed it in white on the vellum, Basic Gray ink to stamp the holly and ivy on the backing cardstock.  Cherry Cobbler ribbon, and my Stampin' Up markers.  The ornament was cut in vellum, and covered with rhinestones of different sizes to fill in all the spaces starting from the center.


The markers stayed wet on the vellum for the holly and ivy so I sprinkled on some clear embossing powder, heat set them, and used a lighter green on the back of the ivy to help with color depth.

I included two pictures of this card so you could see the "bling"  (I really don't like that word.) from both sides.  It's really very sparkly in the light! 


We are almost to the middle of July!  I hope you're enjoying my Christmas in July celebration!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW is right and yes I am enjoying your Christmas in July, but you knew I would.