Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Christmas in July 3


This card took some work, and I'll admit it....   2 days?  2 1/2 days?  I'm pretty happy with the result, but then I can always find something to make it better the next time.

Why so long?  Well - masks don't take that long to make, and stamping the flowers with the mask wasn't that difficult either.  The water-coloring is what took time.  I used my Stampin' Up watercolors, and then got out my Twinkling H20's to add the shimmer effect on top.

I then stamped 6 images of the poinsettia, water-colored those and started using a technique called paper tole.  The bottom image is whole, but the rest are cut apart and layered to give dimension with spacers in between the layers.

I took a sheet of the rhinestones and my yellow Sharpie and added them to the flower centers.


I hope you've enjoyed my Christmas in July 3 card!


1 comment:

Lolis said...

So Beautiful! I love the effects you created! The colored rhinestones added the perfect touch!