Thursday, July 11, 2013

Christmas in July 11



I know exactly who is going to receive this card!
One of the teachers I worked with a few years ago has a little boy and girl.  Turns out I sent out one of the Santa Christmas cards from last year's challenge to my friend and the family.  She told me that her son carried that card around saying, "I got a letter from Santa!  Santa wrote me a letter!"   I can't remember now how long he carried it... not exactly sure she ever got it back!

How could I not send them another Santa card this year!!?? 


The Santa image is a CTMH stamp and I broke out my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to make it special.

As kids, we went to my paternal grandparents on Christmas Eve and Santa always came to read "Twas The Night Before Christmas" to all of the cousins.  There were a few years when we knew who it was, either Grandma or Uncle Dick dressed up.... until they started stumping us with people we didn't know.    Even into high school Santa would come Christmas Eve and read to the little cousins.

How could that not be a special Christmas memory?  Even as adults, we've had long discussions on Facebook when I've posted pictures.

Please enjoy today's Christmas in July card!


No comments: