Thursday, August 1, 2013

Quilt Series

There is already a post here about how hexagons are all the rage now in paper-crafting.  The thing is, they've been around for a very long time!

Crochet, quilting, etc. etc. etc.
So after looking around online, and at some other sources,  I came up with a little quilt series of cards!

Here is the first.


For this card, there are 3 colors - Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Strawberry Slush.  Each design was stamped 4 times.  The quilt piece is a 3 1/2 by 3 9/16 'square'.  Turns out the hexagons are a little taller than they are wide.  I started with the center medallion, and added the remaining pieces to complete the square.

I'm not sure why the Thinking of You looks a little tilted - possibly because of the flowers, but it is straight. :)

I have a few other quilt pattern cards coming soon.
I think the Washi tape is going to be fantastic with this technique!




No comments: