Monday, August 5, 2013

2013 Christmas Card Challenge - August 2013




Happy August!  Whew!  I'm glad it's here.  While I never get tired of making and thinking about making Christmas cards....  the July challenge I set for myself was just a little stressful!  Looking for designs, thinking about designs...  but I did it!

While at home in Wisconsin this past June for family celebrations, we spent some time in Door County - Ephraim, Sister Bay, etc. etc.  If you ever get the chance to go.... definitely take it!  We were there just before it got really busy - it was wonderful!

I especially LOVED the Tannenbaum shop - set in an old Lutheran Church.  I've already mentioned it here.  What I need to do is post some of the MANY pictures I took at the shop.  The tree toppers were so original!  The themed trees!  Just WOW.  :)


So, on to this month's challenge - I'm not sure if the shopping malls still do this, but I remember clearly from the 1980s they would decorate for Christmas in lots of jewel tones.  Burgundy, turquoise, lime green, bright pinks,  with gold and silver accents.  I really loved those colors together!


The theme for August is:   Mall Colors - or Jewel Tones   either way you like to look at it. :)

Here are my cards for the challenge.


I used the current ornament and die set from the Christmas catalog...  in these colors:
Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade (ret.) and Melon Mambo.  The double bow at the top is in Rich Razzleberry satin ribbon (ret.) and gold cord holds the ornaments in place.


I used lots of pearls and rhinestones on this card....   13 pearls and 10 rhinestones each!

Now on to your part of the challenge!  The basic rules and regs. of this challenge can be found HERE.
Basically, make six (more or less) Christmas cards based on the theme stated above, and add your link to the Linky on this page. 












No comments: