Saturday, August 31, 2013

Baby Card - Quilt design

One of the ladies I work with had a grandson Monday morning!

After I got home from Stamp Club Monday evening, I put this card together for her for the faculty and staff to sign.


I used an "old" technique of making the quilt with 1 1/4" squares, cut it with the Top Note die, and embossed it to add dimension.  I really didn't set out to make such a 'vintage - y' looking card, but as I kept working on it, it just seemed to happen.

I used retired Beau Chateau DSP, and inked each square before adhering it to the background piece.  After, I used the Crumb Cake marker to highlight the 'stitching' around the outside edge, and make stitches for the squares.

I used two pieces of vanilla to make room for everyone to be able to sign the inside of the card, and got out an old Bear Hugs stamp set and the chalks to color the little baby bear.  He's just so so cute, and adorable enough for a baby card.

Please enjoy!


No comments: