Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pansy Flower Card

Just 3 days ago I was at home in Wisconsin, mainly for my 30th class reunion but also was able to spend some quality time with my immediate family.

Mom's flower garden and main garden are now completely in full bloom - reds, yellows, pinks, blues, purples, oranges...  there's never been any question of her green thumb and gardening abilities!!


 After enjoying that inspiration, when I returned home this is what I came up with.  I used the stamp set Flower Shop and the Pansy Punch to make these flowers so easy!    3 of each color; Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder, and Daffodil Delight.  Cut the petals apart, and layer with dimensionals.  Button center with a rhinestone to complete!  *Easy*

The leaf is from the Secret Garden set to add movement to the background.  I also used 1/2 inch strips from the Gingham Garden DSP for part of the base.

I'll tell you a secret about this card.... it came ENTIRELY from scraps!  I had scrap white to stamp the flowers and sentiment, 1/2 inch strips of DSP from another project.... and the last of a sheet of dimensionals that were just begging to get cut all to pieces!  Even the card base was just laying there, already scored.... begging to get used.  :)

Please enjoy!




No comments: