Friday, August 9, 2013

Birthday Card



This was a super quick card!  I think it took about 10 minutes at the MOST to make!

I used the Daffodil Delight cardstock as a base, and the retired Summer Smooches Designer Series paper.  It was already cut to length from another card, and I had a 3 inch width to work with.

I went back to one of my old favorite designs from the many One Sheet Wonder cards I made - vertical stripes.

Each strip was cut 3/4 inch wide, and I used my grid paper to keep the lines straight.  This turned out to be an optical illusion because I knew I measured and "glued" down the pieces properly...  but they looked crooked.  :)

Here again you see the birthday sentiment from the Cycle Celebrations stamp set, and a triple bow from Daffodil Delight seam binding.

Instead of the hearts showing on the center piece, I covered each one with a rhinestone. 


No comments: