Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Christmas in July - July 8, 2014



I'm going to admit that starting Christmas in July cards last year wasn't bad.  I had so many ideas and the extra time since I'm off in the summers it was pretty much a breeze!

This year, on the other hand, I wasn't so sure.  I looked at the calendar this past Monday, July 7th after getting caught up from our 2 week vacation, and I wasn't so sure I'd be able to make 24 more Christmas cards... they are each one different from the others.  No duplicates in this bunch of 31, unlike my monthly Christmas Cards where I make one design, and 6 identically designed cards.

Well, after looking through my stash of stamps and 'goodies', I realized I have enough stamps and stuff to keep me busy making Christmas cards for a VERY long time!  YAY!
This card is primarily made of Washi Tape.  I used my Stampin' Up grid paper to make sure the tape was lined up straight - it looks awful when it's crooked!  I did keep the white spaces uneven for interest.

The punched piece is layered - the Decorative Label, Large Oval, and Word Window, as well as the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp.

A tip I got from a fellow stamper gave me the idea for the polka dotted oval.  Layer Washi Tape on white cardstock, and then punch!  It made a very nice coordinated background.



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: