Saturday, July 19, 2014

Christmas in July - July 19, 2014



As I'm going through this project, it seems to me that my cards are increasingly simple.  This is something quite out of the norm for me.... I usually make quite elaborate cards - lots of details, lots of techniques.

It's not that I've run out of ideas... I realize now I could do this for another month and not worry about duplicating a card... No, I'm NOT doing that.  :)
I also believe it's because we traveled quite a bit during June/July this year.  Quick and simple so I could meet my self-imposed deadlines, and still enjoy traveling with my husband.  Last summer at this time he was traveling for business, and I had lots of time to myself, hence more elaborate cards, I believe.
All that said,  I really enjoy this simple little card - I've used the Jingle before... Love it!  This time I used my little bow maker for the double bow out of the Cherry Cobbler seam binding, and a strip of the Candlelight Christmas DSP.

If you are an avid Stampin' Up stamper, you'll notice something about the pattern on this paper - it turns out to coordinate with one of the embossing folders!
NICE!



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: