Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Christmas in July - July 1, 2014

Christmas in July is here again!
I'm going to try again this year to do it again - one card for each day of the month of July.

Here's my card for the first day of July.
It's a Dahlia fold card.  I'm going to make more of these, but I'll start with a smaller circle.  2 1/2 inch circles are too large for a regular A2 card base.  Oops!  Knowing that now, they'd be great on a scrapbook page at this size!

Once I started, I kept going because I'm using some of my very favorite DSP, and didn't want to scrap the project in mid-stream.
I could have used only half and adhered it to the edge, and had enough flower for 2 cards.... that would be a solution in hind-sight!  :)  Isn't hindsight wonderful....  it's always 20/20.

You can find a tutorial for these Dahlia folds on Splitcoast Stampers.  Just don't use a 2 1/2 inch circle on an A2 card base!



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: