Thursday, July 24, 2014

Christmas in July - July 24, 2014



Here's another more detailed card for today's Christmas in July celebration.
 I really like the Tri-shutter card design.  It's not all that complicated for a seasoned card-maker, though maybe a little challenging for someone just starting out.  I first made one of these a year or so into my card making only because that's when I discovered the tutorial. 
 For this card, I used a base of the Gumball Green,  the retired Be of Good Cheer DSP, and lots of other details.  The mitten punch, Scent-sational Seasons stamp (gingerbread man) and die set,  one of the SU ornaments, and one of my favorite stamp sets... Jolly Bingo Bits!

I've had lots of fun with my Stickles the last two days... lots of little touches here and there.  Red and Green buttons on the gingerbread men, holly berries on the wreath, yellow to accent the star.  I also added rhinestones on the ornament, and as holly berries.

One thing about these, every time I make one it never seems to come together well until the end.  I'm thrilled with how this one turned out!

Click HERE to find a tutorial on how to make the Tri-Shutter Card.  No, it's not difficult, it just takes some time and patience.





 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: