Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Christmas in July - July 2

July 2nd, 2014.  This post comes with a How-To link... How to make Paper Bows with Oval Punches.

Again, I'm using some of my very favorite Stampin' Up Christmas DSP... (same as yesterday) but with some of the other papers. 


I actually used lots of scraps to create this card!  The only pieces I cut (fresh) were the card base, and the red frame that holds the paper panels.
Cut the red (Cherry Cobbler) as a regular card frame or base at 4 x 5 1/4.  Each panel was cut at 3 3/4 inches, and 1 1/8 inch wide, though I feel 1 1/4 would work just as well, and give less red framing around each piece, and more DSP patterned paper.

I had a scrap of scallop trim, and vanilla for the sentiment that worked perfectly!  I added a bit of ribon, and used more scraps from yesterday's Dahlia card to make the paper bow.

HERE is the tutorial link on how to make the paper bows.  You'll see them a lot this month! 

Happy Christmas in July!



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: