Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen

I've had this stamp set for a LONG, LONG time! 

After starting the other blog, Susan Vilar Stamps! for my Stampin' Up! projects - because I didn't want to continue mixing the two styles, I'm going to begin showing my other creations.

 I used vanilla cardstock as my base simply because I thought white would be too harsh with the cameo look.  The cameo and the frame are die cuts coordinating with that stamp set.

I've recently found a little local shop here in town that does consignment type things for crafting.  These two cards will go in with the first 'shipment' of things I take over for sale.

A little story:  I found the 6 hour mini-series by chance quite a few years after it debuted in 1995.  After my husband bought me the DVDs, I watched it almost every weekend for about 2 years?  3 years?  Yes, really.  I still break out the series when I have a lot of intense crafting to do.  It's like an old friend, and of course... Colin Firth.  What could be better I ask you?

HERE is the link to the stamp set, and if you scroll down, the die cuts are also available.




No comments: