Friday, June 17, 2016

New Catalog (2016-2017) Event Samples 10

Over the past 2 years or so I've made MANY Card-in-a-Box(s)...  many many many!  I love them.  They are relatively easy once you have the dimensions for cutting and scoring.  The engineering is not terribly difficult, it just takes a little know-how.  I'll have a tip for you at the end of this post.

Even though this is the 10th post of Event Samples, This is one of the first pieces I made.  I am not very happy with the Happy Birthday banner on the front, and I'll change that.  I WILL change it. :)

 This is the project where I came up with the idea for using the Sprinkles punch pieces as balloon strings. :)  Maybe one of my later samples will have some on a card....

The awesome thing about these Cards in Boxes is that they fold up into a regular A2 envelope.

TIP:  I keep a 3-subject 5 Star notebook.  In the folders, I keep typed up directions I receive, or things I've printed online.
On the pages, I keep diagrams, drawings, directions, and plans for projects.
It's a great resource.

HERE is a link to a written and pictorial tutorial on a Card-in-a-Box...  the directions are great, and this one is closest to what you see above.
What I did was take these directions, and write them for myself in my 5 Star Craft notes so all I need is my notebook, and I don't have to search around online when I want to make one, or five, or twelve! :)

The products I used:

No comments: