Thursday, June 16, 2016

New Catalog (2016 - 2017) Event Samples 5


A shaker card, and a lesson on not making my same mistakes.

SO, HOW do you make a shaker card?  Steps and pieces.  First, do as I say, and not as I did here.   You can see my mistakes - I'll point them out.

First, stamp your top piece.  I put the dimensionals on before I stamped my spots, and you can see the edges of the stamp on both sides of the easel.  DO NOT stamp last!  Stamp first!!  :)  Learn from my mistake!
NEXT, make sure when you use your Stamp-a-ma-jig, you have your sentiment lined up straight using your grid paper.  Mine is a little skewed to the side. :(
THEN, make sure you adhere the window sheet right to the cardstock BEFORE you place the adhesive dimensional strips!....  This is actually my second top piece... I had to throw the first one out. :(  Darn it.
SHEESH!  It's a wonder I even got this card finished with all the mistakes I made.  It did turn out pretty well though!

The confetti pieces come from some punching Mom and I did for the calendars, and I kept them in one of the Stampin' Up containers for trinkets and buttons and such.

Don't get me wrong - I do love the shaker cards... they do take some engineering and thought.

I haven't mentioned this before, but Stampin' Up has high quality cardstock, ink, ribbon, and tools to help you along your crafting way!  Even before I became a demonstrator, I used the ink almost exclusively just because of the quality.   Contact me to give these high quality coordinating products a chance!

No comments: