Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stained Glass Watercoloring - WOW!



This is one of a set of stained glass stamps I received from ebay just yesterday! I couldn't resist the urge to take a break from my latest project and do some watercoloring.

I stamped the image with Lavender Lace craft ink, and heat embossed it so the edges look like stained glass. (I'm going to get some silver ink soon!)

I then used my Stampin' Up watercolors.... the Bold Brights, Soft Subtles, and Rich Regals... Earth Elements just didn't quite work with the stained glass effect, IMO. I think they'll work better with the Thanksgiving 'window' stamp.

It's not the best stamping, but I wanted to use this one to see what it looked like finished, and then decide if I needed to re-vamp any of my color choices. I LOVE it!!!!! :)

I hope you enjoy it as well.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

2 comments:

Mary Director said...

Beautiful card ... WOW

Unknown said...

Unreal...I just love all the new stuff you're playing with these days. Your creativity is growing by leaps & bounds. You are wonderful!

--Gracie