Sunday, June 28, 2015

Christmas Gifts - Working Ahead!

One of the ladies from my stamp club brought this project to show us, and I fell in LOVE!  I took a picture that evening, and then went on a search.  Thanks so much, Sandra!

The next day I went to all 3 Michael's in our area looking for these trays.  I struck out, but it was a fun day out shopping! When I got home, I then ordered them online. (Stay tuned for a link below.)

 Again, this project uses the DSP Painted Blooms.  Each time I use it I'm more in love with it.

 This detail I added from the original.  It's the new Metallic Thread.  Once you get over the (very small) learning curve, this is a great detail to add to cards/projects!
I really love this saying.

 When I'm finished with the 2 other shadow boxes I'm expecting, there will be a total of 9. This project didn't take that long, but when I really looked at it, there was a LOT of detail!

Lots of die cuts:  the sentiment background, and the 2 butterflies.
Lots of punching:  The sentiment, top scallops, and the bow which uses lots of glue dots.
Embossing:  New butterfly folder on the Soft Sky cs.
Paper tole technique on the flower for depth.
Metallic Thread flower under the rhinestone.
Double bow with the bow maker my Dad made for me!
Embosslits to cut the small butterflies.
Stickles and Crystal Effects on the flower.

Source for the Shadow Trays:  http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/
This is the specific link for this Shadow Box/Tray: http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/products/solo-tray-white.



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: