Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Christmas in July 2015 - July 1st

July First!
This will be the third year I'm doing Christmas in July!  I will post one new Christmas Card I've made every day of the month.

Why?  So many reasons!  1.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas! 2.  I have so many Christmas stamps and ideas for cards I can't make enough during the year.  Yes, even with 6 cards every month, I have more Christmas stamps and material.  It's an opportunity to make use of most of it.   and 3.  I love making Christmas cards!

I always worry if I can actually make 31 Christmas cards - especially one each day.  I certainly did last year.  At this point,  I think I'll have ideas for more than 31!  Ya veremos!  (We shall see!)

Here is my July 1st Card.
This is a technique we did at my May stamp club meeting.  My upline Kathy then challenged us to make our own Spinner Cards!  This is the 2nd one I made after class.  I hope you enjoy!

Ok, so it doesn't look that impressive..... so I have THIS!



I used my circle Spellbinders to make the circle cut-outs.  I cut them at the same time using my magnetic plate to keep everything in the correct spot.  Just eyeball that all the edges are the same distance from each other to keep the spacing equal on all sides.

I then used the paper tole technique to give the poinsettia lots of dimension.

This definitely will be a hand delivered card... or at least mailed in a Priority box.

Please enjoy!  Even my grumpy husband got caught playing with this card!  Of course, he blamed in on, "I'm an engineer, I need to figure out how it works."  He'll never say he was impressed.  Never.




 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: