Friday, December 10, 2010

Two Birthday Cards...December Birthdays!!

In October, my cousin Jon married a girl who was in the process of finishing her Ph.D in music!
When the Cricut cartridge 'Quarter Note' was announced, I knew I had to have it!!! When I actually saw the images, I decided we'd be there on Thanksgiving to get it! SO, after our Thanksgiving lunch, we got ready to hit Michael's. There wasn't as big of a line this year, because they announced on Facebook they were opening at 4:30... so we could beat the rush.
We got in, and even though I'd called a few days earlier, the Quarter Note carts were nowhere to be found!!!! After asking around, they brought them out, and I grabbed the first one!

Here is my first card using this new cart... the background note paper comes from a Christmas stack I got at Hobby Lobby.



Here's the inside of the card, the treble clef cut from the Quarter Note cart, and the Top Note die from Stampin' Up works perfectly for the sentiment, and space to write!!


The two stamp sets used here I received from Kitchen Sink stamps at the Houston event, and since our nephew lives in Oklahoma, and has ridden for the rodeos, this presented itself as the perfect birthday card for him.


Gotta love that Top Note die for the inside area of the cards!! I fussy-cut the hat, and popped it with the SU dimensionals.


Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: