Monday, October 28, 2013

Wedding Dress Form

Stampin' Up has Dress Form framelits.  They are metal dies in 3 shapes,  an elegant dress, a day dress, and a dress form to hang the dress from.

At first I wasn't a big fan of these, but after seeing so many beautiful dress cards made for many different occasions, I got the set.  This is my 2nd paper dress.

One of my co-workers was married last weekend.  She's a crafter too - more painting, and 3D art, but she appreciates my cards and projects too.  I went over to her place a few weeks ago to help get some of her wedding projects done for her fall themed wedding.  It was a GREAT afternoon, and they were beautiful wreaths.

 Using the dress form as a base in black,  I cut the dress and embossed it, and folded one of the SU doilies 3 or 4 times to make a ruffly lace skirt.  I added pearls for the choker, and around the waistline.

One thing I meant to do and didn't was to emboss the entire background in silver with the En Francais stamp.  It completely slipped my mind - I think it would have been an amazing background.  Next time.

This is the inside of the card - and I made sure to cover my smudge (oops) from inking the sentiment with writing.  I know you're thinking.... a brown (soft suede) card base for a wedding card?  It totally worked with the theme of her wedding...  fall colors, leaves, and she didn't want anything too white, except her dress.

I presented the card today, and my friend really loved it.  Now I can't wait to see all the pictures from her amazing day.


No comments: