Monday, October 7, 2013

Gifts for our Chinese Visitors

Each year at the beginning of October, the school I work at hosts a group of 15 - 20 Chinese school children and their teachers.  We do so many activities with them as a school...  cookouts, lake trips, a trip to the fair, classroom tours... etc.  

Last year I made a booklet for each of the students and teachers - this year the idea was bookmarks.

 Our school mascot is the Husky - Hoover Huskies, and the Team Spirit cartridge has such an awesome image... I made one for each of the tour group.
 This is a close-up of the 2 3/4 inch cut and all its layers - black, 3 shades of gray, and white.  It's approximately 15 pieces for each Husky cut.

This piece I cut larger - for me.... It's a 3 1/2 inch cut (It actually didn't fit on the bookmarks.) and turned out quite large!  I took a little extra time to ink the edges, added silver stickles, and a black glaze pen added dimension and shine to the eyes, nose, and some other areas.

We had them laminated, and I was told our visitors LOVED them!  :)


No comments: