Tuesday, November 5, 2013

2013 Christmas Cards - November

Wow!  We made it to another November!  This is the last month in the Christmas Card making for the year since at the end of November we have to get them signed, addressed, and sent out to arrive at the beginning of December (or at least the 2nd week of December).

I wanted to center my design around the sentiment this month, and once I started playing with ideas, it got to be a much more detailed (though not difficult) card by the time I was finished.

I started with the Merry Christmas at the top, and used the striped embossing folder for the bottom half and covered the edge with the Cherry Cobbler seam binding and a bow to show off the mug.

Then I stamped and die cut the mug in Smoky Slate,  the candy cane in Cherry Cobbler, and the gingerbread man in Chocolate Chip.  I colored the rhinestones on the mug with a blue Sharpie and added pearls on the gingerbread man's buttons.

 Here's a shot of all three:  the front, the sentiment, and the stamped envelope.

I hope you've enjoyed all my Christmas cards this year.  Since I changed the rules to include the stamped sentiment on the inside and the stamped envelopes, I'm so much further ahead of where I was last year!  It will be so easy to include a note, and signature to finish each of them quickly at this point, and sent out some really beautiful Christmas Cards!

Last year (2012) with all the challenges and extra cards I made, I had 72 to send out to friends and family.  This year since I made one card for each day of July, I have 112 cards in total to send!  My list has expanded, and I have more co-workers this year as well so having the extra 40 cards will definitely be a good thing.

Please enjoy!





No comments: