Friday, January 11, 2013

Operation Write Home - Box 1

Here is a sample of the 55 cards I sent in my first box to Operation Write Home.  OWH always has some challenge or other going on as well as mini-challenges on the Facebook page or their blog page.

One of my Cricut/Facebook friends mentioned OWH, and I looked into it.... and here I go with another project! I do love these - challenges, deadlines, and oh yes, you have to be creative! 


I used some of my new Stampin' Up products that are coming available now in January, as well as some of the Sale-a-bration items available later this month!
I really love the sailboat, and have found lots of use for it.  I got out the Spectrum Noir markers, and had a good time working with blending the alcohol inks.

 Here we have a triple-time-stamping sample using the Everything Eleanor stamp set.

Below, is one of my very favorite retired Stampin' Up sets - Watercolor Garden  I get an incredible amount of use out of it - One Sheet Wonders, etc....  Flowers anyone??

Are you tired of seeing the Stippled Blossoms yet?  I LOVE them!  Looks great with the colors... so springy!

I found an entire set of card sketches on the OWH website, and decided to play with one of them under the flowers theme.  Even if it is in the middle of winter....  flowers are always so nice to have around!!
 

Here's another retired Stampin' Up set - I really like how the alcohol markers make the flowers look so pretty!  I added some photo corners, and lots of little details.

I saw a sample of this on a blog, and thought it would be great for the winter themed cards.....  Here I used my Tsukineko brilliance inks - Sky Blue and Platinum with some pearls and rhinestones.

 Here you can see some of the new stamps - the hummingbird, butterfly, and flower come from the Sale-a-bration brochure, and the sentiment stamp is from the new January catalog.  I'm going to get lots of use out of these stamps!
 So that's my first post for Operation Write Home cards!!!!  I'm already working on the 2nd box with new challenges and assignments.

Check out the Facebook pages and blog pages!
Facebook
Operation Write Home Blog  

Please leave a comment. Thanks so much!





No comments: