Monday, July 30, 2012

Sparkle, Sparkle, Glitter, Sparkle!!! Christmas in July Cont'd.

OR, you could say Glitter, Glitter, Sparkle, Glitter! I liked both, and couldn't decide which one to use. :)

Only a few more days left in July... I just had to take advantage of an idea that hit me, with the help of a dear friend!! (Thanks, Melissa!)




HERE is a link to the original tutorial done by one of the Long-Time, AWESOME Stampin' Up Demos, Mary Director.  I made some of those, but as I was talking with my friend after our crafting Saturday, it dawned on me that I could use some of the colored glitter I have as well!

SO, early this morning, I made the card as directed - but instead of using the reinkers, I used the colored glitters from the PK Glitz company.  China Red, Pine Forest, and Honeycomb were the colors I used.  I also used one of the Stampin' Up new ornament sets, and used the same glitter colors on the stamped image and heat-embossed them.

Why is Merry Christmas in black??  I know, but I didn't have any other options there...  You must stamp in Staz-On ink on the transparency sheets, or the ink beads and smears.  The only Staz-On pad I currently have is black.  Will have to take a look around for some more colors.... Silver, Gold, etc.

I do hope you can see the glittery sparkles!!  Even in low light, they are so sparkly!

Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

1 comment:

JPScraps said...

Awesome card and cool technique.