Friday, July 27, 2012

Opening Day of the XXX Olympics in London!


 After seeing the rings on TV, I thought I'd give them a try from my crafting supplies.

I'm not usually the patriotic one in the family... that's Mom - she's the Red White and Blue Queen!!!  This top card with the rhinestone additions will go to her for sure!  I know she's going to love it - we always watched the Olympics - summer, winter - didn't matter!


 The hardest part of making these was actually gluing them together.  Making the rings was a cinch!  Use the 1" circle punch, cut out a circle leaving enough room to punch around it... you need just a little space.  Then use your 1 1/4" punch lining it up so there's an equal amount of cardstock border showing and punch! 

Cut through the yellow and green circles once, and link the rings... glue 'em up, and have fun!

I admired this font set from the CardMaker magazine, and since I'm no good at anything freehand, I traced them on Vellum, and colored the backs.  It's a stained glass technique, just used a little differently.

I hope everyone enjoys the Olympics as much as I do!  I'm especially looking forward to all the little interest pieces they'll do on the UK.  AND the opening ceremonies, of course!!

Your comments are always appreciated!

 ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: