Thursday, July 26, 2012

More Christmas in July

 I'm still in the mood to play with the Christmas theme... so here goes!

These two cards are called "Joy Fold" cards.  They're pretty simple to make, just cut your two card bases, and adhere white cardstock or DSP to follow the theme you're after.

I've seen these cards made for all types of occasions.  The trick is, you need a button, ribbon, baker's twine, - something to keep the front piece of the card closed.  Here I used the small red ornament with some dimensionals to keep it lifted off the paper a bit.

The DSP used here is Be Of Good Cheer, and I stamped the ornaments in Gumball Green, and Raspberry Ripple.

The two cards look ALMOST the same - but can you see the differences?

This is an inside view of the Joy-Fold card...  lots of area for decorating and adding lots of little details.

 This image of Santa is from CTMH colored with my Stampin' Up markers.  I refuse to spend that crazy amount of money on Copic Markers... if I work at it, I can get almost the same effects from my SU markers.

The Noel is stamped with Raspberry Ripple ink directly on the cardstock.  Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE the new ink pads?  The coverage is FANTASTIC!  I also used the embossing folder, die, and punch pack to add detail at the bottom of this card.  LOVE that Victorian style!


Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: