Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stationery Box Refills - OSW Sunflowers

Since I bought my Cricut in March of 2008, whenever my parents come to visit, Mom and I plan one project to work on together. Our most recent project before this one was the CD calendars. They are very popular, and I get lots of wonderful comments from online friends as well as the people that received them. (Thank you!!)

On their way to Arizona, Mom kept saying she needed replacement cards for her Stationery Box from this past birthday, SO since I'm so stuck on these One Sheet Wonder cards, I decided to turn the daisy stamp into a sunflower. Yes, I know it sounds strange, but it really worked!

My SU rep is so wonderful!! Kathy allowed me to borrow some ink pads I don't yet have to make up the colors for the sunflowers. I borrowed her More Mustard, So Saffron, and Apricot stamps, along with the Barely Banana and Yo Yo Yellow pads I have, we turned out AWESOME sunflowers!

We stamped the darkest color first, and then just layered all the yellows with the daisy stamp from the Watercolor Garden stamp set... and use Chocolate Chip and the Soft Suede stamped twice to get nice dark centers. They really do look like sunflowers!

Mom wanted some with reds, so we stamped a total of 6 sheets (Yes, I have lots of pieces left for more cards)... and had a ball!

THEN we got out all my punches from Stampin' Up, and Martha Stewart along with having to make a Hobby Lobby run to get some turquoise ribbon, and had fun matching colors and punches with the backgrounds. The Cuttlebug bit Mom pretty good, but she'll recover! Once she had that all worked out, she did all the embossing, and sentiment choosing.

It really was LOTS of fun!!

Please enjoy our One Sheet Wonder Sunflower cards!
As always, click on a picture for a screen sized view.




















~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

1 comment:

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

I absolutely love these. The sunflowers, colors...everything.

BTW, love your fur babies and choice of music. Jammin to Rick Springfield now...love him. Saw him in concert a few years ago in Westbury, NY (Long Island).

Have a wonderful week.