Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stampin' Up Club! ~ April Project!

We used a 2-step stamp set for this, and instead of a contrasting ink, we used silver embossing powder for the top layer of the flowers.... so COOL!!!
We also used the silver embossing for the sentiment, distressing on the green cardstock, and some of the Stampin' Up hardware pieces.

This is such an adorable card! The ribbon holds the cardstock together, and the flowers slide right in... the next picture shows the detail.
**How many times have we discovered that looks can be deceiving?? I searched and searched for the right brads to use for the flower centers. The background yellows, purples and pinks make the brad change color! That's actually an orange brad on top of the yellow center. Doesn't it look peachy?! It really got me!
Here you can see the inside detail of the card. I didn't think quick enough before I ran the adhesive on the white cardstock to ink the edges.... next time!

I ordered the two stamp sets, just 'cause they are so awesome! The large flowers on the pot card are from the same set as the stamps from the window card I posted from March!! So so versatile! I just LOVE that!

Please enjoy!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: