Sunday, April 5, 2009

Birthday Card for Our Niece


These are the front and first inside folds of the card,

and here is the inside of the card
I think this card has taken me longer than any card I've made to date. I used lots of my Stampin' Up supplies, as well as many of my other craft tools. This was a 4 hour card, minus the time for making and having lunch in between.
I cut the cardstock to 7 x 11, and scored the folds at 3.5 and 7 inches. I used the label punch to make the window, and the thank you stamp inked to use only the border. Then the sentiment from one of the hostess sets was stamped inside the border. I used my Versamark ink and some clear cupcake stamps to stamp all over the front and first fold inside the card, heat embossing it with clear powder.
Then I used my cupcake Stampin' Around Wheel twice, once on pink cardstock, and once one white cardstock. I colored the cupcakes with Glaze gel pens, and popped them over the top of the pink cardstock. I then used some Star Dust stickles to make the confetti very sparkly, as confetti should be.
The Birthday Wishes background, Birthday stamped background, and flower border all come from the DCWV Glitter stack. Those are just the cutest papers!!! I used the Jasmine cart to cut the photo corners, and a white opaque pen for the doodly-do's. I used the Brilliance opalescent inks for all the inked edges so they're a little shiny... and I'll borrow a friend's slit punch until I get one of my own to keep the card closed.
Thanks so much for looking... this card took so MUCH time, but I really loved making it!!!
I hope the background pink doesn't show to garishly online, it's really a nice background pink for the entire card.


A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

3 comments:

jcscraphappy said...

fun card!!! love the colors.
blessings
jennie

Kristina said...

Beautiful card, looks well worth the time it took to make.

Anonymous said...

This card is sooo cute! Greatjob!