Friday, May 22, 2015

Card Refills for Mom Part 2

I'm continuing my quick and easy card stamping series.  The cards go together pretty quickly, and even faster in wonderful company.
 My two dear friends come over most Saturday afternoons for stamping, snacks, and girl talk.  It makes the time go so quickly, and we generally get quite a bit accomplished.
 Here's a continuation of the note cards I worked on for Mom, with the Stippled Blossoms a few days ago, and now these splats.
 My other favorite stamp set of late is Gorgeous Grunge.  I'm thrilled to say it is NOT retiring with the new catalog release!
 So HOW did I make all these cards so quickly?  You won't believe it!
 Mount the large splat on your block, ink it up quite well, and stamp 3 times WITHOUT reinking down the left/center of the notecard overlapping the stamp a little.  Then, take the envelope and with a freshly inked stamp, stamp it 4 times! 
 How easy is that!  Just 3 quick steps remaining.  Use the large swirl from the Everything Eleanor stamp set, ink it up well with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and stamp it over your 3 graduated images.
 Stamp a sentiment in matching ink with the splats.
Punch 3 flowers in matching cardstock, and mount with glue dots.  Place a pearl in the center of each flower, and voila!  You've got a very impressive set of notecards!
You'll recognize the colors as my usual color palette.
From the top left:  Blackberry Bliss, Perfect Plum, Pacific Point, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, and of course, Bermuda Bay!




 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: