Sunday, May 10, 2015

Thinlits Dies, and a New Technique

YES!  I'm still here....  I promise!  See?  Still here!

March 11th was my last post?  I've been quite recalcitrant about keeping up here on the blog, but I've been busy creating!

Here I've got a new technique using the Hello You Thinlits dies.
 First, choose some colors - I used the same for each card:  Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Tangelo Twist, and Daffodil Delight.  Color each on the E block (I'm pretty sure it was my E block), not leaving space between.  Then spritz with water.  The one above, I didn't spritz very heavily, and got lots of dots.
Place it on your 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White, and hold it there for a moment.  Remove, and allow to dry.
 Then.... cut another piece of Whisper White card stock and leave it plain.  Cut the "Happy" from both the dried stamped colorful piece, and the white piece.  I use the Dryer Sheet Technique to put the pieces back together.  Don't lose any of the pieces!  I just left them on the dryer sheets until I was ready to reassemble. 

 Here's another example where I colored the blocks darker and sprayed the water heavier as well.

This is one of the finished pieces, using the Painted Petals stamp set.  LOVE it!!!


Here are the products I used:
Hello You Thinlits Dies by Stampin' Up!
Painted Petals Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: