Saturday, May 16, 2015

Playing with the Butterfly Thinlits

These two cards are TOTALLY CASE'D from Pinterest.  Love Love LOVE them!  They're actually quite quick to put together just as my other two cards from an earlier post this week.

 I discovered a shortcut from the directions I found from the Pinterest link.  Don't go through all the trouble of cutting half the butterfly, and then turning and cutting the other half of the butterfly, leaving the center intact....
 Just cut the butterfly from the center of the card stock in one piece.  After you have all your pieces cut and matted, glue the center body back into its place.  No fussy die cutting.  Why?  1.  It saves a lot of hassle.  2.  It goes much faster.  and the best reason of all:  3.  It's EASIER!  :)
Here are 2 of my samples using the Painted Blooms background DSP, and I added some colored spiky gems from Queen and Co. on the corners that (in person) actually match the colors on the cards!

Supplies I used:
Stampin' Up DSP Painted Blooms
Butterfly Thinlits Dies
Blushing Bride Card Stock
Soft Sky Card Stock
Whisper White Card Stock





 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: