Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Card Refills for Mom (Part 1)

I was quite upset to find out that one of my very favorite stamp sets, Stippled Blossoms is retiring.  It is not continued in the Stampin' Up 2015-2016 catalog.

I guess Ms. Shelli didn't hear me when I told her this was my very favorite stamp set... and we had a quiet moment together with no one else around in Dallas.  Oh well.  I will continue to use it! 
 The last time Mom and Dad came to visit, Mom brought her envelope holder from a Christmas ago saying it was empty, and showing me how empty and lonely it was. 
 After some searching and thinking - the thinking part of the creative process always takes me the longest.  How do I want the cards to look?  What embellishments?  What colors?  Composition?  Placement?  Oh, so many thoughts!!! 
 SO, this is the first of two sets she received.  If you know the Stippled Blossoms set, you know it's a 2 step stamping set with a flower base, and the piece I used for these cards is actually the detailed top piece.
 All I did with these cards was to take the top piece and stamp it as close as I could with some overlapping going on.
 I used coordinating card stock for matting and stamping the Happy Birthday on the white card stock.  From each mat, I punched two flowers to add to the center piece.

 So now you've seen each of the six cards with its envelope flap stamped as well.  I left the individual cards quite large so if you click on them, you'll see a very large image indeed.



 I haven't yet mentioned colors.  Pacific Point,  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, and Tangerine Tango.  I'm not sure why the Blackberry Bliss photographs so muddy.  It's quite a pretty purple in person.

As any stamper does, I am most critical of my work, and will make the mat pieces smaller next time I make a version of these cards so more of the background shows.  Just thought I'd put that out there.



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: