Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Card


Who knew Father's Day cards would be such a dilemma!  Whew!  There are lots of great masculine cards out there, but I've already used lots of the ideas, and don't want to repeat any.  That's the problem!

I already used the old car in the weeds,  the grill, the shirt and tie....  now what!?
Plus, after retirement, my dad started making personalized cards on the computer with photos and things, so when I present him something he looks for the stamp I use on my creations... and then I get a grunt of approval.  Pressure!!??!!  :)

After spending quite a bit of time thinking, I remembered one of my Cricut carts has tools!  It just so happens that Dad is GREAT with tools and builds all kinds of great stuff... so this is the card I came up with for him this year.


I used lots of dimensionals to raise everything off the page... and used white and silver pens for accents.  The background is a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock embossed with the steel plate folder.


I hope he likes it! :)



No comments: