Friday, June 14, 2013

A Bookmark for Me!


Most of the time I make cards and projects for other people.  That's actually 99.9% of the craft work I produce.

I was looking around online and saw these handmade bookmarks - I made some in plastic coverings a few Christmases ago... but never made one for myself. 
 Lately, I've been spending lots of time waiting......  and I can nap only so much. ;) ;)... SO I started picking up books and novels to read while I've been doing this waiting.    The only problem I've had is that I'm using bits of paper, book receipts from the purchase, or adverts I've torn out of the center as bookmarks!

After I saw one of these online, I decided to make one myself. :)  The backing is Wild Wasabi,  DSP mini polka-dot paper, and 2 1/2 by 8 inch piece of whisper white, with 1/4 inch added to the dimensions of each of the backing pieces.
The ribbon was a scrap that was just long enough not to go to waste.  Whew! :)

Colors:  Pink Pirouette and Blushing Bride for the small flowers.  Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry on the top flower,  Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry for the bottom flower.  The leaves?  Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi.
I then took these colors in the markers, and wrote READ all over the front.

Talk to you soon!!




No comments: