Friday, October 5, 2012

2012 Christmas Card Challenge - October!



Well, here we are, it's already October 5th!  Halloween is coming quickly, temperatures are cooling off, or at least I think they should be!  Don't forget that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and of course, Christmas is coming!! :)

I'm so curious to hear how everyone celebrates Halloween!  We don't do that much.  I buy lots of bags of candy, and we've started setting up the card table and sitting out in the driveway to watch all the little kids and big kids alike coming down the street.  I'll carve pumpkins using the Pumpkin Masters, so it's nice to hear everyone OOOOooh and AAAAAh over them. :)

Alright, here we go!!

The theme for October's Christmas Card Challenge is:  Christmas Lights!

In any way, shape, or form, you must put some type of Christmas lights on your card - Mine are Kitchen Sink stamps.  There are 3D lights, Cricut cut lights on the Christmas Cheer cartridge, stickers, etc.  So many Christmas Tree Lights! :)

As always, there are the basic rules, 6 cards all based on the given theme, and posted here by midnight on the 20th of October, CST.

HERE is a link to the original post with the rules.  Really, very simple and straightforward!

Just can't wait to see what you've come up with!!  Put mine to shame for sure.


 My cards are a version of the One Sheet Wonders, stamped with Kitchen Sink stamps.  I went CRAZY over these when I first saw them...  Just HAD to have 'em, and I use them very often.
HERE is a link to the stamping tutorial I wrote with photos at each step of the way to show how these awesome lights are made.

I used some of the new Stampin' Up products - the Punch Pack, the die cut edges, the embossing folder that compliments it, and one of the new Christmas Stamp sets.

I was planning on adding some ribbon, but started gluing, and when I was finished, I realized it!  Big OOPS there! :)

Click on the link, and enter your cards below!!!





Your comments are always appreciated!
 ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: