Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2012 Christmas Card Challenge - September!!



 Labor Day has just passed, and here we are, most of us are back in school already, and some are just starting up the school year 2012-2013.  Hopefully your year is GREAT!

The Christmas Card Challenge Theme for September is:  SHAPE Cards!

I thought of making it a Christmas Tree Shaped card, BUT there are so many awesome Christmas shapes out there, why limit your imagination!!??  Trees, Stockings, Gingerbread Men, Lights, Ornaments, OH I could got on FOREVER! :)

HERE is a link to the original post with all the rules.  

In short, make 6 cards based on the theme, link them here using the Linky at the bottom of the post by midnight on the 20th and get your friends and family to vote for your card creations!  Winners are announced on the 25th of the month, and I send out a prize package for your time and effort in participating.

Here are my shape cards for the month, with a link to a video tutorial on how to make them.




HERE is a link to the video from a Stampin' Up Demo, Melissa Stout who first posted this.  I watched it and LOVED it!  As you can see, my cards are a little different, but that's the fun!  CASE it, and make it your own.

As you can see, my cards are a little different from the video.  I forgot the peppermint candy, but will add it before I send them out.
I used DCWV patterened paper from one of their Christmas Stacks, and used Martha Stewart border punches in addition to my Stampin' Up punches.  The star was made with the new punch pack, and coordinating stamp set.

I hope you like the cards this month, I like them even more in person than on the video, and I LOVE that video!  Melissa did a fantastic job!

Remember to get your card creations entered in the Linky on/before September 20th at midnight, CST!




Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: