Sunday, December 18, 2011

Our House at Christmas

Christmas time is by far my most favorite time of the year - everything looks so beautiful lit up and sparkly with lights and icicles hanging from so many houses!

The last few years we haven't had a tree for so many reasons!!! I missed the sale at Hobby Lobby - there weren't any left!!! I had a baby kitty that would be too much trouble with a tree... We'd just barely moved into the house and weren't ready for a tree.... BUT this year, we have our tree!!!!! I blackmailed my husband into getting it early, and I'm so SO happy I did! It's a 9 ft. Montana Fir. I'm sad that the lights are all white, but he's enjoying it that way. I suppose I can let him have ONE concession! :)


Here's the mantle to the fireplace. I'm slowly adding little touches to this every year, so it's a little different than last.


Here's the dining area with the sugar plum lights and my Precious Moments tree on the table.


Here's a close-up of my Precious Moments tree. It's been with us a long time... and is the best of my Christmas Tree collection.


This is a view of the bar. Mom gave me the bear dragging the tree, and the jar with lights and potpourri in it... they're perfect next to my Scentsy pot!


Here's the table and lamps at our entry. I had the two candlesticks and candles first and then found the nativity scene, and Mom and I found the garland which I wrapped in lights and used a bow on that left side.


Of course, I had to add a picture of my 3 babies under the tree!!! I took about 20 of these, trying to get the best of all 3, but this is one of the better ones. I'm going to keep trying! You can see Hank's back farthest away, Sandy's back in the foreground, and of course Witchy Poo trying to see what's going on!


I hope you've enjoyed this view of our Christmas decorations - it's just a small glimpse and I had to share my favorite time of the year!

Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful :-) Love your kitties under the tree! One of my cats loves to curl up under the tree :-)

may said...

wow! you must be very creative and patient in decorating..