Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cricut Helpers! Keeping Your Mat 'Alive'

This is a series of articles I wrote last year about this time for Gracie at the Everything Cricut (Now Imagine That) Blog. The purpose was to assist new Cricuteers in getting over some of those learning curve issues we all have with a new Cricut!

Here is the first.

August 5, 2008

What I’ve Learned About Cricut!

This is my first little article about my Cricut experiences, and I’m flattered to say that Saige/Grace asked me to write. I thought about lots of things, and took some ideas I’d seen on the Cricut Messageboard, and here are my thoughts.


I think one of the most important topics to learn quickly about your Cricut is the mat.

Do you know how important the plastic cover sheet is? I learned that one VERY quickly! I now mark my mats so I know ‘which side is up’.

Use a Sharpie before you ever remove the cover on a new mat, and mark it TOP around the little hanging hole at the top.

I also write it around the sheet in other places so it is readily visible. WHY is this tip so important??? Mat Life!!!

Have you ever noticed that you place your clear sheet back on and some of the ‘stick’ from the mat is on your clear cover sheet?? I did, and ruined an entire mat that way.

If you mark your clear cover sheets, you won’t have that sticking problem. It turns out they are NOT equal in non-stick properties on both sides of that coversheet.

I’ve been able to keep some mats for quite awhile.

There are techniques out there for extending mat-life and products to use… more next time!


Susan Vilar
Sue's Cricut and Crafts
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: