Friday, June 5, 2009

Baby Boy Book - It's DONE!!!!!

Each page here except 2 show some cuts from two of my Cricut Cartridges.....
New Arrival, and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. The tags came in more handy than I could have imagined!
There are also lots of inchies and twinchies running through the book in lots of places! They just work so perfectly sometimes!!!


Each 'month' page includes a facing page with space for a picture to show how much he's growing, and the back of the tag says, "I am 3 months old, and I can..." so my friend can write down all the things he can do and show how much he's changing as he grows.
Here you can also see my "binding solution" - where the book then flips over and turns the other way to make sure all the pages are included.



I used SO many Cricut cuts!!!!! The very first swap I participated in over on the Cricut Messageboard was for a baby book. I joined this because my dear friend was pregnant, and I wanted to improve my skills over the first baby book I'd made just one year ago. BOY was this one better!!!!!
I used the 8x8 DCWV stack Nursery, Boy... matched the papers, and adhered them back to back so the facing pages would match... as you can see from the pages.
Each space for pictures is already corner punched, so all she has to do is crop the pics and slide them into their places!!!!!
I used quite a few of the cuts from my swap group to complete the book... and I also used some for other baby cards and things as well. It's been GREAT!!!!
Now, for the problem solving part. I made a 50 page book.... YES 50 pages, can you believe it!!!!! For anyone that has a Bind It All, we know there aren't any binding wires for a 3 inch thick book!!!!! SO, after thinking about it for a very LONG time.... I came up with quite a solution! (Yes, too many exclamation points. I promise to stop.) :)
I split the book into 3 'sections'. The first and last section are bound normally, and the middle section is bound with smaller wires on the RIGHT. It actually works pretty well. You open the book normally until you get to the middle.... then turn the ENTIRE book to the right, and open those pages the other way.... then at the end, you flip the entire book back over, and then open normally again! **Clear as mud, right? I included some pictures and hope that will help.
I really LOVED making this project. It took an incredible amount of time and work since each page is different - not like so many things I make that are one design and just duplicated many times.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great job! That's a lot of work but what a special gift! Your friend will treasure it!

Mary Director said...

What an amazing gift for your friend. Really nice album, it is perfect.