Saturday, December 21, 2013

Teacher Assistant Appreciation Part 2

This is the 2nd batch of cards I made in November for our Assistant Appreciation.  They really do a lot for us to help us out. 

My team leader requested these cards - she wanted something they could detach and keep separately from the card itself.  I got out my cartridge Lacy Labels, and used 2 cuts.
 This is the Thank You piece attached to the embossed and inked card base.  It's a retired color, Peach Parfait.  Each of the cards had this behind the top over lay.  I used the slot punch to cut tabs allowing the top piece to slide right in.

 Here you can see the first of the 3 cards.  Cajun Craze is the background color, with a layer of Soft Suede over the top.  Whisper White is the framed piece inked with Soft Suede ink, and the name letters were inked with Cajun craze.

 I have to thank my crafting friend Robin Smith for showing our club how to make these paper flowers!  I've made so many now - you are going to see lots of them in the next few posts.
THANKS, Robin!  You're awesome!

Here you can see the 3 completed cards.  They were tough to put into envelopes, but they were hand delivered so there wasn't an issue with mailing such a thick envelope.


No comments: