Friday, September 20, 2013

Thank You Cards

I had a small surprise party for my husband's birthday earlier this month, and these are the cards I made to thank the people who came to help celebrate.

I had this idea, and think it really worked out well - even better than I expected!

I used Wisteria Wonder cardstock as a base, and the En Francais stamp with Versamark ink on the background, and covered it with silver embossing powder.


The flowers were stamped, punched, inked... and the butterfly was stamped on vellum and colored on the back with markers.  I like using rhinestones for the body.

I've also started adding a button with a rhinestone center on flowers - I like the 3 D effect.

Usually a design works better one way or the other, but this card, I was able to switch it up, and the design felt good with the flowers on the left, and right sides so even though they're almost identical, each card is a bit different.

Please enjoy!

No comments: