Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Windows and Washi Tape

Yes, another one of the window cards, but this one is very special!

Another Stampin' Up Demo and I were having a chat on FB the other day (Thanks, Mary Director!), and we were talking about Washi Tape.

She gave me the GREATEST hint!  ** Use a 5 x 3 1/2" piece of cardstock, cover it with Washi, and then cut shapes from it!

Here you can see two of the shapes I cut.  I still have one negative and one positive piece from each of these to play with on other cards. :)




LOVE the colors!  Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, and the Washi Tape I got from Queen and Co. at the Tulsa CKC show at the end of August.


If you REALLY look closely at the card, by scrap booking and card making standards, it's unbalanced.  Maybe so, but I love the look, and with the addition of the colors, it works so well!

Here you can see the inside view.  I like using the cut out piece as a base - sort of an optical illusion when you first see the card.

Please enjoy!!





No comments: