Thursday, September 5, 2013

September's Christmas Cards!



On September's Christmas cards, I'm using almost all new product from the Holiday catalog, except one.

I recently rediscovered how much I really love the Stampin' Up Silver Embossing Powder!  It gives a beautifully smooth, shiny surface.  You don't have to fight it, you don't have to worry much about coverage, etc.  It just embosses beautifully.

SO, with one of the newest stamps that really caught my eye, I decided to make it really stand out and use very unusual colors.....

Before I go much further, let me tell you September's Challenge:   Sentiment!

Your 6 (or more cards) must have the sentiment as the focal point on the cards.


  I used the very last of my (small) stash of the new Smoky Slate cardstock, embossed it and inked the edges.  The black rectangle shows off the silver embossed piece spectacularly.  This is one of those cards that don't translate well on the computer, but are stunning in person!

I also love the new rhinestone embellishments.  The gray ribbon is a retired satin ribbon that just needed to be at the bottom. 
Here you can see the completed 6 cards.



Please enjoy!!!


No comments: