Monday, September 9, 2013

Cousin's Birthday Gently Falling - Leaves

My cousin Jon recently moved to Texas...  I'm sad I can't be there too, but time will tell.  His birthday is this coming Saturday, in early September.  Can't remember how old he'll be, but I used to babysit for him - especially on New Year's Eve.  I loved it, because when Aunt Nancy and Uncle Paul came back from their night out we would sit up and talk for a long time!

On to Jon's card.

  It's really difficult making cards for men - especially since I'm in flower mode right now, playing with ideas, and finding new ways to make and mount them...  I thought why not do the same things with the awesome Gently Falling set.  Lots of colors on the leaf bases - Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Baked Brown Sugar.... and gold embossing powder as the overlay.  It doesn't sparkle, but it sure does glow!


This piece is a close-up of the leaves.

I used the stripes embossing folder, and ran over it with a brayer loaded with Early Espresso.  It gives a GREAT barn board effect.  Better than I planned!  :)

The sentiment on the front is also done with Washi tape, and I used the negative piece as a frame to highlight the sentiment.

Please enjoy!


No comments: