Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Card - and a Surprise!



I saw a version of this card online as a girl's 21st birthday card from a demonstrator out of Australia.  It was stunning!  I made a few changes, but kept the same flavor for the card.
One of my all-time favorite stamp sets, Stippled Blossoms make amazing flowers for so many different card and craft applications!  I used Pretty in Pink (ret.) and Strawberry Slush papers and inks.  The background pieces are two Stampin' Up die cuts, one a thinlits, and one doily.
The original card has pearl accents - and I have lots of rhinestones.  They always are so nice for flower centers and sparkly accents!


When Mom was here visiting over Easter, she brought card blanks.  We ran out of time because of all the baking we did - and I took an evening and put together these 11 cards for her.
Three colors:  Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo.
Stamp set - Gorgeous Grunge!  I also used the speech bubble framelits and marker to get the outlines on the stamps with another sentiment stamp set that fit.


Now she's got a good selection of stamped cards to send when she needs them! 




 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: