Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013 - Explosion Heart Valentine


Is it Valentine's Day ALREADY!?
2013 certainly is flying by!!!

I made a total of 7 of these cards - and used so many stamp sets!  I'll have to update this post and make a list of all the stamp sets I used.

You can see the "How-To" video HERE that I watched to make the card initially, but I used lots of different things on this card, and some trial and error to make it nice.
 I used some of the retired stamp sets and retired Valentine paper - it's really too bad, because the papers were so pretty, and I wasn't very fond of what was available this year.  I don't call it making do, just using the GREAT stuff I already had!

The fun is when you untie the ribbon, and the card opens.  See below!

 Here you can see the heart opened - The embossed heart on the left is on designer paper, with glossy Cherry Cobbler powder because I know how much my sister likes the feel of that embossing. :)  Just for you, Gail!!


Just enough room under the Be My Valentine to write a short note.

I added the lace behind the card to make it nicer, and needed to come up with a new technique to solve the problem of the lace coming off of the TTT - It worked pretty well, and the lace is staying put.

I made a total of 7 of these - my first sample went to my husband, had orders for 5 from work colleagues, and gave one to someone I work very closely with for his new fiancee.  I got a text this morning saying that she LOVED it!  :)  NICE!


Please leave a comment. Thanks so much!

No comments: